Ever thought about running from Newcastle to Sydney? No? Well Grant Brisbin just did it. He set the Fastest Known Time (FKT) for the Great North Walk, a 250km (with over 8000m of vertical gain) trail spanning the 2 cities. He did this in the astonishing time of 39 hours.
Haddy and Judge break down the practicalities of this amazing achievement and try to extract some of the incredible mental strength that Grant exudes.
We go to Gymea Allied Health for some expert tips on remaining injury free as we exit lockdown and move into race season. We also catch up with Lloydy from GU to chat about the origins of GU in the US and how the product assists our performance.
Plenty of useful tips for the next long run!
If you enjoyed the Podcast, please subscribe or follow Running Matters to be notified when each episode is released.
Feel free to use the online discount codes below:
- GU Energy Australia (15%): RUNNINGMATTERS
- Fractel Performance Running Caps (15%): runningmatters
- T8 Running kit (10%): RUNNINGMATTERS20
- Runnulla (10%): Mention Running Matters in store.
- Precision Hydration (15% off the entire first order of electrolytes): RUNNINGMATTERS15