If anyone has experienced the rollercoaster of running it's Rachel Allworth. Alliteration aside, Rachel has evolved from a certified exercise dodger to a passionate ultramarathon runner. She has progressed even further in her role as a coach and valued mentor to the popular group Rachel's Runners.
Earlier in 2020 Rachel's life hit a terrifying corner when she experienced, what can only be described as, a near death experience. Her heart raced to 226 beats per minute and remained unchanged as she was rushed to hospital and diagnosed with Ventricular Fibrillation. Since having a defib unit permanently implanted in her chest, Rachel has been told "you'll never run again".
Listen in to find out how the ever-positive Rachel deals with such a frightening event and life changing news.
If you enjoyed the Podcast, please subscribe or follow Running Matters to be notified when each episode is released.
Feel free to use the online discount codes below:
- GU Energy Australia (15%): RUNNINGMATTERS
- Fractel Performance Running Caps (15%): runningmatters
- T8 Running kit (10%): RUNNINGMATTERS20
- Runnulla (10%): Mention Running Matters in store.
- Precision Hydration (15% off the entire first order of electrolytes): RUNNINGMATTERS15