Kirrily Dear has always chosen the path less travelled and for the last 12 years that path has been a seriously LONG one.
As founder of the Run Against Violence Kirrily covered the distance from Broken Hill to Sydney (1300kms) to raise funds and awareness to help reduce our insidious domestic violence problem. In 2020 the Run Against Violence has become a widespread virtual event and the conversations about domestic violence are gaining traction.
Kirrily has an incredible resume of ultrarunning achievement and has successfully tackled some of Australia's toughest races in the Coast to Kosciuszko (230kms) and the Great North Walk 100miler.
Kirrily Dear is also a talented writer, an adventurer and a valuable inspiration to anyone looking to achieve the impossible.
In this week's Running Matters interview we cover a broad range of topics with Kirrily, from mental toughness to clearing Australia's red earth from the sinuses. We also get a celebrity listener question from Brad Pitt!
Feel free to use the online discount codes below:
- GU Energy Australia (15%): RUNNINGMATTERS
- Fractel Performance Running Caps (15%): runningmatters
- T8 Running kit (10%): RUNNINGMATTERS20
- Runnulla (10%): Mention Running Matters in store.
- Precision Hydration (15% off the entire first order of electrolytes): RUNNINGMATTERS15